Join Chesapeake Beach's own Dr. Ken Rasmussen, Professor of Geology and Oceanography at Northern Virginia Community College, as he describes the ancient past recorded in our stretch of Calvert Cliffs, and the dynamic modern-day forces that continue to shape them today. We will meet at Bayfront Park beach front.
- The event is free but registration is required since group size will be limited to 15 people.
- Dress for the weather. Be prepared to get wet up to your knees, and wear shoes that protect your feet (not flip-flops) - we will be walking along the shallow edge of the bay.
- Event suitable for ages 13+; minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Participants must agree to Town of Chesapeake Beach waiver prior to participating.
- No pets please.
- Rain date: Sunday, June 16, 5-7pm.
This event brought to you by the Town of Chesapeake Beach, Bayfront Park Committee. Contact Keith Pardieck if you have questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Photo credit: Nancy Feuerle